top of page
Laxmi Diamonds.png

Anglo American reducing De Beers overhead by $100mn a year




Anglo American plans to reduce De Beers’ annual overhead by $100 million, CEO Duncan Wanblad (pictured) announced during a Dec. 8 presentation for investors.

The cuts are part of an overall $1.8 billion decrease in capital expenditures that Anglo plans across its various businesses. Anglo American owns 85% of De Beers; the government of Botswana owns the other 15%.

Going forward, De Beers’ capital expenditures will be reduced, with exploration focused on the highest-value opportunities in southern Africa, Wanblad said. The company is still committed to ramping up Venetia in South Africa and taking the Jwaneng mine underground in Botswana.

“Long-term fundamentals [for diamonds] are strong, and we have access to the world’s best diamond assets,” said Wanblad.



For more Updates Do follow us on Social Media

Facebook Page https://bit.ly/3blw5Rg

WhatsApp Group https://bit.ly/jewelbuzz2

11 views

Comments


bottom of page